Friday, May 30, 2008

Stupid Summer Project: The Cartoon

Kramer: ...and then about George dating a Lady-Jerry.

Kramer: What do I need to talk for, huh? What, to blab to the neighbors about how George has a new femme-Jerry friend? Or to tell everybody at the coffee shop how George is all mixed up in a perverse sexual amalgam of some girl and his best friend? See now, I've done all that.

Kramer: Well, it's Frank and Estelle's reaction to hearing about George's man-love for a she-Jerry.

Comment: Kramer is really great in this episode, just fabulous. J. Peterman fits into the show very well: he's eccentric like Kramer, just with a different sort of eccentricity. I've figured out what's annoying and entertaining about Sally Weaver: in her appearances on the show, she's always thwarting Jerry. Jerry is rarely thwarted--even when he is, it's mild, and he generally gets past it pretty easily. If Sally Weaver was always annoying George, it would just be another thing (just think of how often George is thwarted over the course of the show, and how badly). But there's something different going on when there's a character that can disrupt Jerry consistently.

In this episode, Jerry says "See that's funny...because it's real." I've said something like this far too many times. I wonder just how many of my common expressions are either from Seinfeld or The Simpsons. Do I even ever really speak for myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment